5 ways to jumpstart fall quarter career planning
Need help getting started? Stanford Career Education has you covered, including a virtual fair in November.
Try these five easy tips to move your career forward this fall. Remember, Stanford CareerEd is here to support you every step of the way.
- Attend a fall career fair. We have one more fair this quarter: our Virtual Fall Fair on Tuesday, November 1. Hundreds of employers who are seeking to hire Stanford students of all majors and degree levels will be in attendance. Learn more about the fair.
- Meet with a career coach. Our career coaches are here to meet with you either virtually or in-person. Coaches can help you with topics such as job search, resume and cover letter, career exploration, majors and careers, and much more. Learn more about how to make an appointment.
- Get ahead by using Handshake. If you’re on the hunt for a job or internship, check out Handshake, Stanford’s career platform. On Handshake you’ll find thousands of opportunities from a wide variety of industries and employers. Check out Handshake to find an opportunity.
- Meet employers on campus. Employers will be on campus this year for interviews and coffee chats. To access these opportunities, login to Handshake and click on your account icon. In the dropdown menu, click “My Interviews” and then “On-Campus Interviews”. From there, you will be able to see the range of employers who are interested in meeting with and/or interviewing you for different opportunities. Sign up today and start connecting directly with employers who interest you.
- Network with Stanford alumni through SAM. Through our Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM) platform, you can connect with a wide-range of alumni who have volunteered to support you in your academic career planning. Find an alum on our SAM program.