Core Financials has introduced the following web form changes to campus staff:
- Uploads: Eliminates the need for
data to be re-entered if it is stored in another application.
Typically used by departmental administrators to move data from an
Excel or other data source to the accounting system.
- Allocation journals and allocation templates: Enables easy distribution of previously authorized transfers between Activities, such as Service Center/Auxiliary charges, research stores or copy centers.
The following functionality was added to all Core Financials web forms:
- Expansion of supported GL codes:
Broadens what can be submitted in web forms, including income and
some asset and liability GL codes. A full list of GL codes
available for use with the application can be found on the project
- Main menu changes: Improves screen
for easier navigation.
- Page level help: Easily displays Work Instructions for the screen you are on. Click on the Help icon (question mark) on all screens except Welcome/Home page to access.
To utilize the functionality of Core Financials web applications, you must use the supported version of Netscape 4.5. To obtain or upgrade to Netscape 4.5, use your web browser to go to either www.stanford.edu/group/itss/pcstanford/download/single.html for a pc or www.stanford.edu/group/itss/macstanford/download/single.html for a Mac. Then select the Netscape Communicator 4.5 (40-bit) hyperlink.
SUPAD (Stanford University Personal Administrative Desktop) is the easiest way to access all Core Financials applications. SUPAD can be found at http://supad.stanford.edu.
One-on-one help with real transactions is available at lab sessions offered through Core Financials. Lab sessions are offered Wednesdays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon. Online assistance is also available through the Core Financials Assistant at http://coreinfo.stanford.edu.