Committee formed to advise on next campus climate survey
Provost Persis Drell has appointed a committee of faculty, students and staff to make recommendations on the next campus climate survey to be administered to students.
Stanford last administered a campus climate survey in 2015, with the intention of surveying the student body every few years. A climate survey assesses student perspectives on their overall experience at the university as well as their specific experiences with sexual harassment, sexual violence and other prohibited conduct.
The committee appointed by Drell will make recommendations on the survey instrument to be used for the next survey, as well as its timing. The committee also will provide guidance on outreach to encourage students to take the survey.
Input from the campus community will be important to the work of the committee, which has already begun holding meetings and focus groups with students. Members of the campus community are invited to provide input by emailing [email protected].
“The next campus climate survey is an important opportunity to assess the needs and experiences of our student body at Stanford,” said Susan McConnell, professor of biology and chair of the committee. “We welcome and encourage input from the campus community.”
In addition to McConnell, the committee membership includes:
- Michael Baiocchi, assistant professor of medicine, Stanford Prevention Research Center
- Susie Brubaker-Cole, vice provost for student affairs
- Brian Cook, director of assessment and program evaluation, Institutional Research and Decision Support
- Jeremy Freese, professor of sociology
- Rachel Green, graduate student in law
- Stephanie Kalfayan, vice provost for academic affairs
- Corrie Potter, associate vice provost and director, Institutional Research and Decision Support
- Clea Sarnquist, senior research scholar and lecturer in pediatrics
- Lauren Schoenthaler, senior associate vice provost, Institutional Equity and Access
- Auguste Seong, undergraduate student
- Sheri Sheppard, professor of mechanical engineering