Update on student gatherings
Student Affairs shares good news: Given the low prevalence of COVID-19 on campus, undergraduates are now free to gather outdoors in small groups.
We are writing with great news about seeing your friends. Because the prevalence of COVID-19 at Stanford is very low, you are now free to gather on campus, outdoors, in physically distanced groups of up to 15 students.
Here is some important information:
- Everyone at the gathering must be an enrolled Stanford student.
- Other indoor restricted activity parameters remain in place through Saturday, June 26, when limitations on the size and location of student gatherings will be lifted.
- Student organizations may also arrange outdoor gatherings of up to 15 students starting now, and in alignment with this guidance. Student orgs will be permitted to organize gatherings of more than 15 students beginning Sunday, June 27.
Follow these health and safety measures:
- Unvaccinated students must wear face coverings.
- Students with COVID-19 symptoms must refrain from gatherings and seek medical attention.
- Undergraduates are still required to test twice weekly for COVID-19 with Color Genomics. Active student athletes should follow the athletics department testing protocol.
- All undergraduates planning to live on campus this fall are encouraged to get vaccinated as soon as possible against COVID-19 and to upload their vaccination documentation to the Vaden patient portal. Vaccinations are required for fall quarter.
Thanks for all you have been doing to take care of yourself and your friends! We hope that you have had a healthy start to the first week of the summer quarter.
Senior Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Students
Dr. James Jacobs
Executive Director, Vaden Health Services