University sets deadlines for complying with COVID-19 vaccination requirement
Vaden Health Services strongly urges all students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to meet Stanford University’s other health requirements.
To help keep our campus community healthy, we strongly urge all students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to meet Stanford University’s other health requirements. This guidance applies to all students who will be on campus this summer as well as all students who will be enrolled during the 2021-22 academic year.
Regardless of where you may be during the year, following these requirements will allow you to be cleared to access campus facilities and activities in the future. We will help arriving students obtain their COVID-19 vaccinations if they have been unable to obtain one at their home location, and we will accommodate those who cannot take the vaccine for medical or religious reasons.
Here’s what we need you to do as soon as possible:
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination resources are listed here.
- If you are living abroad, get any COVID-19 vaccine available to you.
- Make sure you meet Stanford’s other health requirements, including routine immunizations.
Here’s how to update your health record:
- Go to the Vaden patient portal.
- Navigate to “medical clearances.”
- Upload a copy of your completed proof of COVID-19 immunization.
- Check to see if you have met other Stanford health requirements.
- Add or upload any missing information. Instructions are in the portal.
Important — the deadline for meeting Stanford student health requirements is coming soon:
- July 23, 2021, is the deadline for all undergraduates who will be enrolled during the 2021-22 academic year for all health requirements, including the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- July 30, 2021, is the deadline for all graduate and professional students who will be enrolled during the 2021-22 academic year for all health requirements, including the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- We urge you to make every effort to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination before your arrival on campus. We will help students get their vaccinations if they have been unable to get them before coming to Stanford. These students must request an extension on the deadline, and they will need to be vaccinated immediately upon their arrival on campus. They also must comply with our COVID-19 testing protocols and other potential public health requirements until their vaccinations are fully effective. You may request an extension here. The deadline is July 23 for undergraduates, and July 30 for graduate and professional students.
- We will accommodate students who cannot take the vaccine for medical or religious reasons. These students must request an exemption, and if approved, they will be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing and other potential public health requirements. The medical exemption form is here. The religious exemption form is here. The deadline for submitting these requests is July 23 for undergraduates, and July 30 for graduate and professional students.
If you do not meet this deadline, Vaden Health Services will place a hold on your Axess account in advance of Axess opening for fall quarter class registration.
- A hold on Axess will prevent your ability to register for classes. Your research or teaching assistantship or fellowship support also may be affected until you are able to register for classes. However, a hold will not affect your admission status, your eligibility to attend Stanford, your participation in the campus housing assignment process, or your access to campus services such as Vaden Health Services and the Office of Accessible Education.
- The hold will be lifted after Vaden verifies you have met Stanford’s health requirements.
- Here is our COVID-19 vaccine FAQ for students.
- Here is more information about Stanford’s Mandatory Health Requirements.
- Here is where to submit questions specific to your circumstances.
As noted in a recent message to the whole university community, vaccines are essential to ensuring we can have a safe and healthy environment for everyone at Stanford and in our broader community. We emphatically recommend you become vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Thank you for your prompt attention, and we look forward to your safe arrival on campus for the 2021-22 academic year.
Vaden Health Services