Parking Permits for 2021-22 now available
Commuter and resident parking permits for the new fiscal year are now available for purchase in Stanford Transportation’s online ordering system.
If you plan to park during weekdays from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., or as posted on signage, you can purchase a daily or monthly ‘A,’ ‘C,’ ‘C-SRWC,’ ‘Z,’ or ‘MC’ permit with a start date on or after Sept. 1. Department, vendor, and contractor parking permits also are available.
Please note: Students must be registered for fall classes or have a 2021-22 housing contract to purchase a permit.
Affordability and hybrid work schedules
Stanford has kept the ‘C’ permit as an affordable option. In FY’21 and FY’22, parking rates have been held at FY’20 rates.
We understand that in response to significant changes due to COVID-19, many employees are determining their hybrid work/commute schedules for the fall. We are committed to helping you select the best permit for you.
- Confused as to whether to purchase a daily vs. monthly permit? Use our Personal Permit Picker! It’s simple. Just enter the number of days you anticipate parking per month and this tool will calculate your most affordable option.
- Missing the ‘Scratcher’ permit days? We’ve heard that customers miss the convenience of purchasing daily permits in advance and redeeming them easily. We are investigating an easy-to-use app-based option to make daily parking quicker and easier. Stay tuned – we will let you know when we are closer to launch.
- Want less stress and more convenience? If purchasing a daily permit on the days you commute adds stress to your morning, consider purchasing a monthly permit.
To make it easier to find information about saving on your commute and identify your best options, we have a new Return to Your Commute Toolkit.
What steps to take
- If you have an active permit beyond Aug. 31, 2021, no action is needed unless you wish to adjust the details of your permit.
- For those with permits expiring or who need a permit as of Sept. 1:
- Please be sure to purchase a parking permit through our online ordering portal to avoid a citation. Refer to Five Tips to Avoid a Citation.
- Refer to our “How To Order a Long-Term Permit” guide for step-by-step instructions.
- If you prefer not to renew each new fiscal year, select an expiration date years into the future.
- To check the status of your permit, select “Permits” under “My Account,” where you can view your active permit(s). For step-by-step instructions, visit our “How To Check the Status of Your Permit” guide.
How do I purchase a department, vendor, or contractor permit?
To purchase department, vendor, or contractor permits, visit the following webpages:
- How to order a department, vendor, or contractor permit
- Service/Delivery Vehicles
- Virtual Permits for Departments
- FAQ: Departments and the Virtual Parking Permit System
- “How To” Guides
If you have questions about your parking permit options, please contact us at email@example.com or 650.723.9362.
We recognize that commuting is a personal choice, especially at this time. Stanford commuters are encouraged to assess and select the option(s) that best meet their needs. Information we provide about commute options is provided as a courtesy for those who need it and is not intended to encourage specific commute mode choices.