CONTACT: Stanford University News Service (650) 723-2558
Business School selects 1991-92 faculty fellows
STANFORD -- Twenty-one faculty members of the Graduate School of Business
have been named faculty fellows or scholars for the 1991-92 academic year,
Dean A. Michael Spence announced Aug. 30.
The fellowships recognize outstanding faculty members and provide
additional support for their research. Awards and their recipients follow.
- Robert M. and Anne T. Bass Fellowship, established by a gift from Bass,
MBA '74, and his wife, Anne: William H. Beaver, Joan E. Horngren Professor of
Accounting, and George G. C. Parker, professor of management (teaching).
- BP America Faculty Fellowship, a gift from the BP America Corp.: James
M. Patell, Herbert Hoover Professor of Public and Private Management.
- Business School Trust Faculty Fellowship, from an endowment fund
established and managed by Stanford Business School alumni: James N. Baron,
professor of organizational behavior; David W. Brady, Bowen H. and Janice
Arthur McCoy Professor of Political Science, Business and the Changing
Environment, and Ethics; Jeremy I. Bulow, professor of economics; Robert J.
Flanagan, professor of labor economics; James E. Howell, Theodore J. Kreps
Professor of Economics; Rajiv Lal, associate professor of marketing and
management science; Richard A. Lambert, professor of accounting; Mark H.
Lang, assistant professor of accounting; Jeffrey Pfeffer, Thomas D. Dee II
Professor of Organizational Behavior; and Seenu Srinivasan, Ernest C.
Arbuckle Professor of Marketing and Management Science.
- Class of '63 Lectureship, a gift from the MBA class of 1963 on the
occasion of its 25th reunion: William C. Lazier, lecturer in business
- Emerson Electric Faculty Fellowship, established by a gift from the St.
Louis firm: J. Michael Harrison, Gregor G. Peterson Professor of Operations
- Bob and Marilyn Jaedicke Faculty Scholarship, established by Business
School faculty to honor former dean Robert K. Jaedicke and his wife, Marilyn:
Seungjin Whang, associate professor of decision sciences.
- Fletcher Jones Faculty Scholarship, awarded by the Fletcher Jones
Foundation of Los Angeles: Faruk Gul, associate professor of economics, and
Charles J. Jacklin, assistant professor of finance.
- Graduate School of Business Faculty Fellowship, established by an
anonymous alumnus of the Business School: Ayman Hindy, assistant professor of
finance, and Haim Mendelson, professor of information systems.
- James and Doris McNamara Faculty Fellowship, a gift from Doris McNamara
of Palo Alto: Susanne Lohmann, assistant professor of political economy and
This is an archived release.
This release is not available in any other form.
Images mentioned in this release are not available online.
Stanford News Service has an extensive library of images,
some of which may be available to you online.
Direct your request by EMail to firstname.lastname@example.org.