Faculty Senate to discuss the future of the PhD degree
At its meeting on Thursday, the Faculty Senate will hear a panel of faculty discuss the future of the PhD degree.
The panelists are:
- Russell Berman, professor of comparative literature and German studies
- Debra Satz, senior associate dean for the humanities and arts and a professor of philosophy
- James Plummer, dean of the School of Engineering and professor in electrical engineering
- Bob Simoni, professor of biology
- Josiah Ober, professor of classics
- Daniel Herschlag, professor of biochemistry.
The senate meeting will begin at 3:15 p.m. in Room 180 of the Law School. Discussion is limited to members of the senate, but members of the Stanford community may request to attend the meeting by contacting the Academic Secretary's Office at 723-4992 or Trish Del Pozzo at firstname.lastname@example.org.