Stanford sends notification to Class of 2016
Stanford sent notification letters today to high school students around the world, inviting them to join the Class of 2016.
The university has offered admission to 2,427 students, including 755 applicants who were accepted last December through the early action program, the Office of Undergraduate Admission announced today.
Richard Shaw, dean of admission and financial aid, said Stanford thoughtfully reviewed 36,631 applications this year. Last year, Stanford received 34,348 applications for its freshman class.
"Stanford has been exceedingly fortunate to attract a simply amazing group of applicants from all over the world," Shaw said. "In our review, we were humbled by the exceptional accomplishments of those candidates who have been admitted, as well as the competitive strength of all of the applicants."
Students admitted under the early and regular decision admission programs have until May 1 to accept Stanford's offer.
Richard H. Shaw, dean of admission and financial aid: (650) 723-2091, firstname.lastname@example.org