The following sample questions are taken from the "Cardinal Curriculum" research administration certification quizzes:
1. What represents the largest source of revenue for the university?
a) Student tuition
c) Shopping Center income
d) Sponsored research
e) Gifts and donations
2. More than 70 percent of Stanford's sponsored projects are supported by what?
3. Some gifts come from federal agencies.
4. Who has overall responsibility for all aspects of a research project?
a) The Office of Sponsored Research
b) The Dean of Research
c) The principal investigator
d) The research administrator
e) None of the above
5. When purchasing equipment, it is critical to use a proper GL code because:
a) The GL code drives depreciation.
b) The GL code ensures proper location is recorded.
c) The GL code will determine ownership.
d) a & b
e) a & c
6. What are official university property records?
a) Lab notebooks
b) CAMS (Capital Asset Management System) records
c) Purchase requisitions
d) a & b
e) b & c
Answers 1. d; 2. b; 3. b; 4. c; 5. e; 6. b.
Stanford Report, December 4, 2002