More than 60 people from the School of Humanities and Sciences were recognized for their employment milestones at the Seventh Annual Service Awards Celebration held May 2 at the Faculty Club.
"I'm struck by the longevity of some of you," said Malcolm Beasley, dean of the school.
"We especially recognize the significant investments of time, effort and training made to meet the demands of a challenging and ever-changing work environment," Beasley said in his program message.
The length of service for employees honored ranged from five years to 30 years. Those with 20 or more years at Stanford, and their departments, are listed below.
- Barbara A. Fairlie, Mathematics
- Maria Deleon Guerrero , Biological Sciences
- Barbara Lilley, Biological Sciences
- Dagmar B. Logie, English
- Chester Washington, Biological Sciences
- Namboori Bhaskara Raju, Biological Sciences
- Peter G. Smith, Psychology
- Teofilo Soza-Reynoso, Overseas Studies (Oxford)
- Marie E. Toney, Social Science History Institute
- Jenifer Conan-Tice, Physics
- Karen Kramer, Overseas Studies (Berlin)
- Robert H. Mayer, Chemistry
- Lucinda Mendel, Physics
- Dzung Thi Pham, Economics
- Paul J. Strayer, Drama
- Gina V. Wein, Linguistics
- Helen K. Woods, Communication