Stanford trustees who were members of the presidential search committee and their Stanford degrees:
* James R. Ukropina of Los Angeles (A.B. '59, MBA '61);
* Robert M. Bass of Ft. Worth, Texas, president, Keystone Inc. (MBA '74);
* Roger A. Clay Jr. of New York City, vice president, Corporation for Supportive Housing (A.B. '66);
* Burton J. McMurtry of Menlo Park, Calif., general partner, Technology Venture Investors (M.S. '59, Ph.D. '62);
* Denise M. O'Leary of San Mateo, Calif., private investor (B.S. '79);
* Pamela A. Rymer of Pasadena, Calif., United States Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals (LL.B. '64);
* Isaac Stein of Palo Alto, Calif., president, Waverley Associates Inc. (MBA '72, J.D. '72).
Faculty members on the committee and their Stanford degrees:
* John Etchemendy, professor of philosophy (Ph.D. '82);
* Pamela Karlan, professor of law;
* Jeffrey Koseff, professor of civil and environmental engineering and senior associate dean for faculty affairs in the School of Engineering (M.S. '78, Ph.D. '83);
* Sharon Long, professor of biological sciences;
* Lucy Shapiro, the Virginia and D.K. Ludwig Professor in the Departments of Developmental Biology and Genetics;
* Claude Steele, the Lucie Stern Professor in the Social Sciences in the Department of Psychology.
* Warren Lyons (A.B. '67, MBA '72, J.D. '72) of Laguna Niguel, Calif., a consultant with Textron Inc.
* Michael Hindery, senior associate dean for finance and administration at the Medical Center.
* Kristin Torres of Mexico City, a senior in international relations and member of the trustees' committee on development;
* Kaleb Michaud of Mt. Hope, Kansas, a doctoral student in physics.
Donna Lawrence, director of university corporate relations in the Office of Development, served as executive vice chair, and Alana Wilson, associate vice president in Human Resources, was staff director for the committee. SR