Spring Dean's Fellowship awardees announced
Forty-one postdoctoral fellows representing 17 different departments in the School of Medicine will receive Dean's Fellowship awards this spring, the Dean's Office announced last week.
These competitive awards have been supported since 1941 through endowment funds from donors to medical research at Stanford. The new winners are:
* Anonymous Postdoctoral Fellowship in Medicine: Dr. Douglas Kwock (pediatrics).
* C.F. Aaron Endowment Fund: Dr. Shirley Aguirre (microbiology and immunology), Margot Baetens (microbiology and immunology), Szu-yi Chou (pediatrics), Thomas Gronewold (bio- chemistry), Chris Alan Karlovich (genetics), Li Man (molecular pharmacology), Gyesik Min (gyn/ob), Dr. Chengjun Mo (pediatrics), Michael Foster Olive (psychiatry), Jeffrey Plautz (pediatrics), Roland Wolkowicz (molecular pharmacology).
* Mabel E. Brush Fellowship Fund: Dr. Kye-Young Lee (medicine/pulmonary and critical care), Dr. Zhaohui Wang (cardiothoracic surgery).
* Lynne Marie Chandler Research Fellowship Fund: Minghong Wan (genetics), Qinghong Yang (genetics).
* Bernard Cohen Postdoctoral Fellowship Fund: David Kiang (medicine/gastroenterology), Poonam Kuruganti (pathology), Bai Wang (neurosurgery).
* Harold P. Hill Memorial Fellowship Fund: Dr. Sandra Chaparro (medicine/ infectious diseases), Dr. Thomas Sweeney (medicine/bone marrow transplantation), Dr. Daphne Tsitoura (pediatrics).
* Stanley McCormick Fellowship Fund: Rama Balakrishnan (biochemistry), Marie Clark-Phelps (neurology and neurological sciences), Anne Rascle (developmental biology), Kathryn Richmond (microbiology and immunology).
* Evelyn L. Neizer Fellowship Fund: Jean Brittain (medicine/cardiovascular), Dr. Rheinhold Kerb (medicine/endocrinology, gerontology and metabolism).
* Robert D. Plagemann Memorial Fund: Dr. Peter L. Nagy (pathology), Dr. Frank Scappaticci (pathology).
* Leverne K. Purcell Scholarship Fund: Dr. Basit Javaid (medicine/ nephrology).
* Seebe Fellowship Fund: Namrata Patil (pediatrics).
* Janet M. Shamberger Fellowship Fund: Wei Chen (medicine/gastroenterology), Hsien-Ming Hu (medicine/ immunology and rheumatology), Byung Joon Hwang (medicine/oncology), Wei Liu (molecular pharmacology), Alan J. Russell (dermatology), Stephen Sarabia (medicine/endocrinology, gerontology and metabolism).
* Marion L. and Harold M.
Stern Fellowship Fund: Clair Gardner (structural biology),
Dr. Yasuhiro Ogura (surgery), Paul B. Robbins (dermatology).