Banner

Searsville Dam and Reservoir was built in 1892 by the for-profit Spring Valley Water Company and acquired by Stanford in 1919. The dam, which is structurally sound, provides a source of non-potable water used on campus for landscape irrigation. A faculty and staff committee that includes Stanford scholars who specialize in engineering, environmental science, history and law is studying alternatives for the future of Searsville Dam.

Frequently asked questions about Searsville Dam and Reservoir