Stanford University

News Service


NEWS RELEASE

10/28/91

CONTACT: Stanford University News Service (415) 723-2558

Fire destroys small cottage

STANFORD -- An accidental fire Monday morning, Oct. 28, caused extensive damage to a small cottage adjacent to a professor's house on the Stanford University campus.

The blaze was reported at 6:25 a.m. and was rapidly extinguished by members of the Palo Alto Fire Department, according to Ray Gamma, Stanford fire marshal.

Inspector Mark Pittenger of the Palo Alto Fire Department and Gamma traced the blaze to a faulty water heater.

The cottage, a one-bedroom unit, is owned by Prof. Amos Nur, chair of the geophysics department. The renter who lived there and was not injured in the blaze. The flames did not spread to Nur's home, which is on the same lot at 649 Alvarado Row.

-pr-

911028Arc1106.html


This is an archived release.

This release is not available in any other form. Images mentioned in this release are not available online.
Stanford News Service has an extensive library of images, some of which may be available to you online. Direct your request by EMail to images@news-service.stanford.edu.


© Stanford University. All Rights Reserved. Stanford, CA 94305. (650) 723-2300. Terms of Use | Copyright Complaints