Final round of town hall meetings on lab safety culture at Stanford
Town hall meetings scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 11, and Friday, Feb. 21, are the final opportunities to provide direct, personal input to the Task Force for Advancing the Culture of Laboratory Safety at Stanford University.
The Task Force for Advancing the Culture of Laboratory Safety at Stanford University has scheduled two final town hall meetings to solicit thoughtful and scholarly input from the Stanford community on the current state of the safety culture in research labs and how it might be improved.
The final town hall meetings for laboratory researchers will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 11, from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Turing Auditorium (Room 111 in Polya Hall, located at 255 Panama Street); and on Friday, Feb. 21, from noon to 1:30 p.m. in CIS-X Auditorium in the Paul G. Allen Center for Integrated Systems Annex, located at 420 Via Palou Mall.
Participants will receive lunch vouchers for Bytes Café, Tresidder Union or Nexus Café.
These are the final opportunities to provide direct, personal input to the task force in a town hall meeting forum.
The task force has held five town hall meetings since it was established last year.
Among the questions the task force would like campus researchers to consider are:
- What is the current state of safety habits and practices in your research laboratory work or study environment?
- How safely do you believe you and/or others around you carry out your/their daily research laboratory activities?
- What practices or habits could be improved to enhance safety in everyday lab research activities?
- Institutionally, how could Stanford respond to modify its policies, procedures or support to enhance research laboratory safety?
- Are there common attributes or characteristics of a strong, positive laboratory safety culture that can be improved upon in Stanford research laboratories?
For more information on the background and work of the task force, please visit its website, Advancing the Culture of Safety.
Feedback submitted through the website is highly valued and strictly confidential if desired.