Stanford website gets a new look
Today, Stanford is unveiling a new design for its main website. The homepage updates are designed to better inform and engage the university's many audiences, including current and prospective students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and the general public.
The site debuts with a short video feature on affordability and accessibility, in time for many prospective undergraduates who are completing their college applications.
Some of the key changes to the Stanford homepage include:
- A more prominent feature banner to highlight Stanford stories;
- A bolder, updated visual design;
- A responsive layout that optimizes the site for desktop browsers, tablets and mobile devices;
- Live updates from the @Stanford Twitter feed.
- Updated information pages for faculty, staff and current students.
The last major overhaul of the Stanford homepage was in 2008. The site and its contents are developed and maintained by the Office of University Communications.