Stanford sends notification to the Class of 2015
Stanford has invited 2,427 high school students from an applicant pool of 34,348 to join the Class of 2015.
Stanford sent electronic notification letters Tuesday to high school students around the world, inviting them to join the Class of 2015.
The university has offered admission to 2,427 students, including 754 applicants who were accepted last December through the early action program, the Office of Undergraduate Admission announced Tuesday.
Richard Shaw, dean of admission and financial aid, said Stanford thoughtfully reviewed 34,348 applications this year. Last year, Stanford attracted 32,022 applicants for its freshman class.
"Stanford has been exceedingly fortunate to attract a simply amazing group of applicants from all over the world," Shaw said. "In our review, we were humbled by the exceptional accomplishments of those candidates who have been admitted, as well as the competitive strength of all of the applicants.”
Students admitted under the early and regular decision admission program have until May 1 to accept Stanford's offer.