Stanford extends admissions offers to Class of 2014
Stanford extended admission offers to just 7.2 percent of the high school students who had applied for admission this fall.
Stanford sent acceptance letters – via email and snail mail – last week to high school students around the world, inviting them to join the Class of 2014.
The university has offered admission to 2,300 students, including 753 applicants who were accepted last December through the early action program, the Office of Undergraduate Admission announced today.
Richard Shaw, dean of admission and financial aid, said Stanford reviewed 32,022 applications from the largest number of candidates in its history. Stanford accepted 7.2 percent of the students who applied, making this year's admission review its most competitive.
"Stanford has been exceedingly fortunate to attract a simply amazing group of applicants from all over the world," Shaw said. "In our review, we were humbled by the exceptional accomplishments of those candidates who have been admitted."
Students admitted under the early and regular decision admission program have until May 1 to accept Stanford's offer.
Richard H. Shaw, dean of admission and financial aid: (650) 723-2091, email@example.com